This post submitted to Works for Me Wednesdays.
L probably won’t wake up before I get out. I’ll just take a three minute shower.
Who am I kidding? I’m talking to myself here.
Have you ever tried to take a three minute shower? Unless you are of the male gender, or have an especially short hair cut and little to no hair maintenance, ahem, elsewhere then a three minute shower is pretty dang tricky.
So what did I do? I Googled. Here’s the findings:
- Turn on the water. Undress while the water heats up.
- When the water is warm enough, jump in and wet your hair.
- When you’ve wet your hair squeeze shampoo into your palm and lather up.
- Once you’re done washing, don’t rinse it.
- Put liquid body wash into palm and divide into four sections – one for each leg and arm. Leftover goes on torso.
- For lathering, spread your hands out and use symmetrical moving patterns on each side of your body.
- To shave, rub shampoo on designated area during step #3 and then shave during the rinse.
The above takes into account that you either do not use conditioner, or you have found the most amazing 2-in-1 ever made. Please let me know if you have. Until then I’ll have to add steps #9 and #10, condition and rinse.
Why should you try to take a shorter shower? To cut down on water waste mainly, but you can also reduce your water bill significantly. What works for you?