Here are a few tips to avoid buying toys that are likely to be recalled.
1. Buy unfinished toys. Natural wooden toys are a great choice.
2. Buy toys made of natural fabrics, such as organic cotton. Any toy could potentially be chewed on.
3. Avoid buying toys from Dollar Stores. Toys sold at Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc. are notorious for being recalled.
4. Buy toys from a reputable store that is informed of all product recalls.
5. Avoid secondhand and vintage toys that are painted. The paint used could contain lead.
6. Buy stuffed animals and dolls that have embroidered faces. Button and patch eyes can come off and pose a choking hazard.
Keep yourself educated on the latest product recalls
- Sign up for email alerts.
(And, as always, you can feel completely safe buying toys from Green Baby Green Mama! )