1. Be a role model. Your baby learns by mimicking you.
2. Teach your baby about different fruits and vegetables.
3. Talk about what your baby is eating. Make it fun.
4. Encourage drinking water. Once you’ve started solids, offer a little bit of water after each meal.
5. Don’t give up. Your baby’s tastes will change daily.
6. Offer plenty of variety. Your baby needs a balanced diet.
7. Don’t be in a rush at mealtime. Relax and enjoy the time.
8. Set times for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
9. Never force your baby to eat. 4-6 mini-meals are better than fewer larger ones.
10. Make mealtimes a family event. Avoid distractions.
For more tips & tricks, on breastfeeding, starting solid food, foods to avoid, and homemade baby food recipes check out the Fresh Baby cookbook at Green Baby Green Mama!
*courtesy of Fresh Baby, makers of Fresh Baby baby food trays & baby food cookbook.